Tuesday 2 February 2016

Tuesday 2 nd February: Fundraising and training updates

16 miles.............


Tuesday, 2nd February 2016

Just a training and fundraising update. As of today, I have raised £1,620 with all your help. Our Ark event is still going to plan and we should then reach our target which is really exciting and I am still hoping to raise as much as possible for this amazing charity. 

On Sunday, I completed my second 16 mile training run; this was much more comfortable than the week before (relatively speaking). It was a beautiful day, cold but sunny and it was fantastic to be out in the fresh air and away from everything. For those who know the area, I ran from our house through Hatchpond and Creekmoor and along the Castleman Trailway to Broadstone. From there I headed up Blandford Road, past Corfe Hills and then through Beacon Hill to Lytchett Minster. This route goes out past the school and comes out near the Baker's Arms. I then ran through Upton and Creekmoor to home.

Here are 16 things I have learnt so far, one for every mile:

1. Ellie Kay has done a fab job supporting the fundraising - thank you so, so much x

2. Today's run was for the lovely Kyla, who was very much on my mind.

3. On Friday I read about all the ex service men and women competing for a place in the Invictus Games - brings perspective to mind. 


4. Scott Glover, you were right; jelly babies are far easier to chew than wine gums. Many 

thanks as I managed to complete the run without choking, which is always a plus...

5. Energy gels still taste revolting

6. The Yorkshire terrier was not on the loose :) .This made me happy

7. I achieved a P.B in this training run, this made me happy

8. Some drivers give you no space when there is not a pavement, and almost run you into the hedge. This is not civilised or safe.

9. I discovered my running cap has flashing LED lights, this made my children happy

10. On Saturday we are going to London for the marathon conference. The prospect of trudging around London with three children has made my husband unhappy :((

11. Today I felt more like a badass than crying; this made me happy :)

12.Kyla is still more badass than me

13. My husband sent me the loveliest text as I went out raining - it said he was very proud of the dedication and commitment I had shown and that I am 'his heroine.' This made me happy-a lovely thing to say

14. This week I did a training session in the gym in what amounted to an adult hamster wheel. My trainer, Sean told me to move to the back if I needed to slow down and move to the front if I wanted to speed up. That evening I was watching my hamster, Sweep, run in his wheel and almost go catatonic as his little legs ebbed further up the front of the wheel. I wanted to tell him to move to the back, poor little blighter, but I don't speak 'hamster.' His legs are much shorter than mine. 

15. At the moment, I am loving my runs. I only wish they could all be as fluid

16. And finally, and most importantly a word from Macmillan. 'Every £150 you raise could help us provide a woman with breast cancer with sensitive answers to the questions she has about her diagnosis. Practical advice on how to cope with the side-effects of treatment and help with adjusting to going back to work, slowly.'

To all of you for your past, ongoing and future support, thank you from the bottom of my heart xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment